Hey, visual artists! We’ll try to keep this less wordy—seeing what you have is more important to us.
- Submit your photography, paintings, drawings, comics, etc. as high-resolution, print-quality images (see “what we want” for specifications).
- Name the file with the title of the piece. Do not include your name in the file title.
- Include your name, contact information, the title and medium of the work submitted, and a brief bio in the designated space for a bio/cover letter.
What we want:
- High-resolution, print-quality images: 300 dpi, in eps file format. Size to fit roughly a 7” x 11" page size. Use CMYK, not RGB, color profile.
- If you are submitting multiple pieces, please submit them separately (no more than 10 submissions are accepted per reading period).
- A short preface explaining the medium used and what the work is about—especially if the theme or intention of isn’t clear.
- Photography, paintings, traditional and digital drawings, comics, etc (see below for what this does not include).
We do not accept:
- Fan art such as: portraits of famous people (musicians, celebrities, etc.); photographs of concerts or performances; imitations of posters, logos, brands, etc.
- Social-media-inspired art and writing such as: portraits with Instagram filters; meme imitations; tributes to YouTubers, etc.
- More than 10 pieces per reading period.
- Already published visual artwork.
Important to note:
- ONLY UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA TWIN CITIES CAMPUS MAY SUBMIT.
- Again, fan art and social-media-inspired art will not be accepted.